Wednesday, November 1, 2017

All Saints Day

Today we celebrate those people that have gone before us in the faith of our churches.  Many people today in mainline churches celebrate this day as a remembrance of those that have died.

Let us reflect today on their story, their journey in life with God.  

I remember growing up in church with my parents who were faithful attenders on Sunday mornings. My mom had us there each week and all Holy Days as well. In her tradition, the Holy Mass was vital to her growth as a Christian.  My dad was less regular, but wanted his children to grow up in the church.

Now that I am older and maybe somewhat wiser, I realize the importance of those memories and the relationship I would now have with the church and God. As a UMC clergy, I know that God is vitally important in my life and the lives of my children and grandchildren. 

I have learned the importance of telling our faith story to the next generation of church attenders and followers of Christ.  If we do not share our story with others, how are they going to learn the ways of God and the church.

So as we remember today, friends and family alike, let us never forget the importance that God has on each person's life.

Thank you to all those who touched my life in the ways of God and his teachings!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment