Monday, March 14, 2016

Taking A Journey

I AM THE TOMB

I have been purchased by a wealthy gentleman for his last resting place. But now I find myself being used for a common criminal. I cannot imagine what this rich man was thinking to use me in this way.

I am to be a place of honor, a place of respect and a place for the wealthy, not for a person who was disgraced by dying on a cross where thieves dye.

Yet, when this man’s family brought his body to be laid inside of this tomb, I realized that this man was someone who was great; he was gentle, he was kind and there was something that spoke to me about him.

I am so proud to be the place chosen to hold the body of this great man; The Son of God!

I now become dark as the soldiers are sealing the doorway with a huge rock, because if they don’t in a day of two this earthly shell will begin to smell and those who come to pay homage to this man will not want to have a vivid memory of such a smell.

It is cold in here, dark and hard; but I will wrap my smooth shape around his body, just like a cradle!


Trust me, I will hold him softly as long as he remains!

No comments:

Post a Comment